Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I accidentally used Advantix for dogs on my cat a few drops…

Customer Question
I accidentally used Advantix...

I accidentally used Advantix for dogs on my cat a few drops not the entire tube

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Read my post

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Yes her eye twitches and she seems disoriented and breathing is faster

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your cat's name and age?

Jackie and 11 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jackie?

Get one on here please

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/11/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 9 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

And I am one of the veterinarians authorized to answer questions by text and phone

If you would like to text only then just ignore the request for a call by the computer system

I am very happy to tell you that there will not be any adverse effects'

The margin of safety is very wide with this drug

No need to do anything

I hope that helps!

Okay?

And please let me know you received my response- slow service tonight

Paul

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
she is twitching and acting disoriented
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
it was a applied a few hours ago and we left for a while an noticed this when we came back

That is unusual to see signs

Let remove any residue with dish wash soap and water

It is likely all in the system by now though

These signs will resolve over the eveninig

Paul

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
i will keep u posted

Thank you

I will look for your update later tonight

As long as can eat and drink and is bright and alert we can ride this out

Paul

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
this product contains permethrin isnt that toxic to cats not sure on eatting or drinking the rapid breathing and twitch is concerning

Yes but you mentioned that you only applied one or two drops

If the whole tube had been applied I would have you at the ER by now

We should wash the area with the dish wash detergent now and then dry thoroughly

Repeat 15 minutes after

Update me when you are done

Paul

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
i just washed her with dawn dish soap and water i applied about .3ml

Okay

Dry her well and then re-wash

Paul

How are we doing?