Cat Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat veterinarian who will answer your question

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

More related answers
All cat veterinarians are VERIFIED
My cat is using his litter box a lot (6 times in 3 hours).
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
My cat is using his litter box a lot (6 times in 3 hours). He has had bladder stones before but has not bloating and is still eating and drinking.… read more
Our cat has been treated bladder stone, yet he is urinating
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our cat has been treated for a bladder stone, yet he is urinating outside the litter box. In fact he will only deficate in his litter box but pees everywhere around our house. The same time he was dia… read more
15 year old cat recently stopped using litter box for poop
Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Veterinarian
15 year old cat recently stopped using litter box for poop (still urinates in litter box). Same litter box, same litter, same place as it has been for years. Does not pick a particular spot to go, jus… read more
cat: his pee..litter box..My vet has found small stones in his bladder
Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Practicing Veterinarian
I have taken my male cat (2 y/o) to the vet 4 times in the last three weeks. We found blood in his pee after he started urinating in places other than the litter box. My vet has found small stones in … read more
Hi. I have a 2 year old male manx and he is starting not to
DrChristineM
DrChristineM, Associate Veterinarian
Hi. I have a 2 year old male manx and he is starting not to use his litter box to urinate. He has been using the litter box in the past till about 3 months ago. He will urinate outside the box on the … read more
My male cat has exhibited all of the symptoms of a kidney stone...urinating
Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
My male cat has exhibited all of the symptoms of a kidney stone...urinating outside of litter box, urinating more frequently, licking genitals, hiding behind chair and under sofa. He also has vomited … read more
My cat uses the litter box to urinate, another box to poop,
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
My cat uses the litter box to urinate, another box to poop, but has begun to also urinate directly in front of the box she uses to poop. It's happening every other day or so. No changes to the boxes o… read more
My cat is 4 years old and had a bladder infection. Since then,
Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Veterinarian
My cat is 4 years old and had a bladder infection. Since then, she won't use the litter box. How do I get her to use it again?… read more
My cat does not use litter box and has bloody movements,
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My cat does not use litter box for stool and has bloody movements, however, will use box for urine.… read more
cat: no bladder infection..using her litter box..arthritis..crying
UKVETJH
UKVETJH, Veterinary Surgeon and acupuncturist
My cat us 14 and is having urinary problems. There is no bladder infection, but she is not using her litter box. She has arthritis and has been crying a lot more. I do believe she is in pain eventhoug… read more
I think she has a UTI, Foul smelling urine, not always using
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Foul smelling urine, not always using litter box, some blood tinged urine on side of litter box … read more
cat: My 10 year..10 year old..year old female..litter box to urinate
My 10 year old female cat started using litter box to urinate only and poops outside litter box 2 to 3 times a week. This has been ongoing for 3-4 months. ?????… read more
My cat likes to play in her litter box. She recently had surgery
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
My cat likes to play in her litter box. She recently had surgery for bladder stones and I have been feeding her food for urinary tract but I am concerned that this behavior is not normal. She seems li… read more
My Cat is 7 years old, has always used the litter box. For
DogAndCatDoctor
DogAndCatDoctor, Associate Veterinarian
My Cat is 7 years old, has always used the litter box. For the past 3 weeks now, he uses the litter only to urinate, the rest he does about 5 to 10 feet from the litter. Altough I keep his litter box … read more
anuria - male cat constantly using the litter box and
Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
anuria ????? - male cat constantly using the litter box and producing only a tiny bit of urine. Has had the symptoms for 24 hours. Is this stranguria or anuria?? What is the treatment?… read more
I have 2 cats they are 12 years old - and have stopped using
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
I have 2 cats they are 12 years old - and have stopped using the litter box to urine in! the will urine in different places in our home - how can I stop this-Please help… read more
My 15 year old cat is not using his clean litter box to poop?
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My 15 year old cat is not using his clean litter box to poop? He urinates in his clean litter box. What is going on with him?… read more
My 11 year old DSH was just diagnosed w/ hepatitis and pancreatitis.
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Veterinary Acupuncturist, Locum
My 11 year old DSH was just diagnosed w/ hepatitis and pancreatitis. He also just had a bout w/ bladder stones. Before all this, he was never sick a day in his life. He is strictly an indoor cat. He h… read more