Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is not eating, drinking, or pooping. She has gained…

Customer Question
My cat is not...

My cat is not eating, drinking, or pooping. She has gained weight over the last 3 or 4 weeks bit the eating, drinking, and pooping stopped a few days ago. She is also hiding and acts very scared of my husband and i

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

She has been fixed. And I have given her a flee collar a couple months ago. She is flee free. She is about 1 to 2 years old.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/13/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Okay

can you tell me more about her situation?

what led up to this?

did you put a seresto flea collar on her?

It was a hertz otc collar. It did bother her for an hour at first then she seemed fine. We have had her for a few months and the hiring and not eating just started a few days ago. Prior to that she was the ruler of the house. Playful, ate and drank normally, used the litter box regularly, slept with the husband and I. The day she started acting funny we rearranged some furniture and painted a room. That's the only change to our routine. I did find 2 hard dried balls of poo in the hallway that I believe to be hers. (I have another car in the house. But he seems to be using the box just fine)
Hiding* not hiring. Sorry
this was all just overnight. One night she was in bed with us sleeping, the next day she is acting funny and scared of us.

Thank you for your quick reply. Take the collar off immediately. We have patients where the collar affected cats neurologically. Hartz products are NOT safe nd flea collars do not kill fleas unless they walk under it.

Only use a monthly like advantage,frontline r revolution.

After you remove collar, rub a dop of honey into her gums to raise her blood sugar.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a dish......encourage her to lap it up for hydration and to replace electrolytes.

OFFER tuna, canned food or baby food with no onion.

She should recover Quickly

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty