Cat Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Leah Hill
Dr. Leah Hill
Dr. Leah Hill, Cat Veterinarian

More related answers
All cat veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a fourteen year old cat who is fairly highly strung
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a fourteen year old cat who is fairly highly strung and is medicated daily for hyperactive thyroid , which keeps her symptoms under control. She has lived all her life in my one bedroom unit , … read more
cat is fourteen she is leaninig her head to one side has lost
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Emergency/Critical Care Veterinarian
cat is fourteen she is leaninig her head to one side has lost an enormous amoumt of weight is on medication for thyroid is eating very little drinking ok is worse on some days than others if you pick … read more
My 16 year old cat is not eating and losing weight. She is
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
My 16 year old cat is not eating and losing weight. She is on thyroid medication and the vet indicated all her blood tests look fine and suspects cancer even though it is not showing up in her blood t… read more
We have a 16 year old over weight cat with a diagnosed hyperthyroid
FamilyPetDoctor
FamilyPetDoctor, Veterinarian
We have a 16 year old over weight cat with a diagnosed hyperthyroid condition for which she has been taking Methimazole for the past four to five months. Twice in the past three years she has had canc… read more
My cat is 14. Earlier this year, he suddenly lost weight (from
Dr. Suze
Dr. Suze, Veterinarian
My cat is 14. Earlier this year, he suddenly lost weight (from 20+ to 13 pounds) due to a thyroid condition, which hasn't improved with medication. He also has lumps in several places which the doctor… read more
ive a 17 yr old cat, mia, who is taking medication for her
Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
i've a 17 yr old cat, mia, who is taking medication for her hyper-thyroid condition. she lost her appetite after she through up eating cat food that was left out for too long. i forced fed her medicat… read more
Our cat is 12 years old and may have a thyroid condition (over
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Our cat is 12 years old and may have a thyroid condition (over active). Please can you advise whether it is possible to detect whether he has had a thyroid removed or not. Whether this can be detected… read more
cat: 15 years old..little improvement..she started throwing..appitite
Dr. Berry
Dr. Berry, Practice owner
My cat is 15 years old. She has lost a lot of weight and continues to do so. She was on thyroid medication but there was little improvement and when she started throwing up I stoped giving it to her.S… read more
My male tabby is 20 years old, with a thyroid condition for
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
my male tabby is 20 years old, with a thyroid condition for which he takes methimazole. Nevertheless he wakes up two or three times a night wanting more food or water, and I haven't slept through the … read more
I have a 22 year old female cat. She has a a thyroid conditi
Santiago Soto
Santiago Soto, Head Veterinarian
I have a 22 year old female cat. She has a a thyroid condition & takes Metimazole twice a day (aprox 7 mg total). This summer she has been having diarrhea, She won't eat rice. What can I give her to s… read more
My cat (7 years old / female / no history of medical conditions)
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Doctoral Degree
My cat (7 years old / female / no history of medical conditions) appears to have a 5cm by 3cm patch of dry skin on its back. There is no sign of irritation, redness, swelling or any other indication t… read more
Is there a topical medication to treat over-active thyroid
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Is there a topical medication to treat over-active thyroid in cats i.e. a cream which is applied externally or drops? My boy is dying before my eyes but getting tablets down him is a nightmare and I d… read more
I have a 22 year old cat who takes medicine for high blood
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hello - I have a 22 year old cat who takes medicine for high blood pressure and a thyroid issue. She takes the medication in the hairless part of her ear. The blood pressure medication is .05 in the m… read more
My cat is close to 20 years, she was just at the Vet and now
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
My cat is close to 20 years, she was just at the Vet and now on medicine condition. Plus because of her age, she is now confused. This AM I noticed she is having a lite watery red liquid from her bowe… read more
My cat is 15 years old and has a thyroid disorder. she is
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi my cat is 15 years old and has a thyroid disorder . she is allergic to the thyroid medication so we're treating her through diet . She just finished a course of prednisolone and antibiotics to trea… read more
Hi, I have a cat which is around 14 years old. He has an over
Dr. Karen
Dr. Karen, Small Animal Veterinarian
Hi, I have a cat which is around 14 years old. He has an over active thyroid, and takes 15mg Vidalta tablets once a day He does however occasionally appear to suffer from indigestion after eating. He … read more
cat: is over 13 years old who is on thyroid medication
Dr.Fiona
Dr.Fiona, Veterinarian
I have an cat this is over 13 years old who is on thyroid medication. Lately, he seems to all of a sudden darts from one room to other and I don't know why. Could you give me some reasons what might b… read more
cat: have problems swallowing..soft..Her coat seem dull and she acts
Dr. Drew
My fourteen year old cat is loosing weight, she seems to have problems swallowing. She is still eating and drinking, but mostly soft cat food. Her coat seem dull and she acts like she doesn't want to … read more