Cat Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All cat veterinarians are VERIFIED
We just had a feral female cat spayed. we thought she was
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
We just had a feral female cat spayed. we thought she was pregnant because she was so heavy. She's already had one litter that we are taking care of so we know what she looks like pregnant and not. th… read more
My cat has ulcer on his tongue is it safe to put gentian
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
My cat has ulcer on his tongue is it safe to put gentian violet on the ulcer … read more
Last Friday our vet removed a tumor from under the tongue of
purrdoc
purrdoc, feline-only veterinarian
Last Friday our vet removed a tumor from under the tongue of our cat. He also had to remove half of his tongue in the process. Our cat is hungry and is trying to eat but can't keep the food in his mou… read more
cat: breathing heavy..fluid in the belly..vet thought..acting normally
DrChristineM
DrChristineM, Associate Veterinarian
I just had my cat to the vet because she was breathing heavy. She had fluid in the belly so the vet thought she MIGHT have FIP although she has been acting normally. Her temperature is normal. I had b… read more
Cat: vomiting some of his food up after he eats..drinks..vet says
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Cat had tooth absess and making extreme movements with his tongue and was drinking to the side of his mouth so I thought it was his tooth - took him in for that, now it seems that he is vomiting some … read more
my cat just came back from the vet were he was neutered and
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
my cat just came back from the vet were he was neutered and given his rabie shots, yesterday. Today one of his eyes is swollen shut and has crap on the outside? My brother said to use eye drops or a w… read more
My cat just came back from UT unblock and he had his fur shaved
Dr. John
Dr. John, Veterinarian
My cat just came back from UT unblock and he had his fur shaved down in two sites: one for the IV and one for the fentanol patch. I'm administering antibiotics orally and have been for 2 days. The sit… read more
I was told at the vets that Amos has an ulcer on his tongue.
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
I was told at the vets that Amos has an ulcer on his tongue. I assume this is over acidity and that is one reason that his breath smells. What can I do diet-wise to cut the acid in his diet of canned … read more
cat: i thought he had a cold, coughing sneezing etc..lungs..antibotics
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
I just took my cat the vet because i thought he had a cold, coughing sneezing etc. I thought it would be a good idea to get blook work done. The dr. said he had conjestion in his lungs and put him on … read more
I just noticed one of the feral cats i FEED HAS RATHER LARGE
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
I just noticed one of the feral cats i FEED HAS RATHER LARGE AND BLEEDING ULCERS ON THE PADS OF HIS FEET...oops sorry for caps, anyways I was wondering if I should put some antibiotic in his feed..and… read more
cat: vet thought it might be an allergy to flea meds at first
vetmom4
vetmom4, Veterinarian
My cat has had a lesion on his back that has had trouble healing, now he has one on his leg. The vet thought it might be an allergy to flea meds at first, but now with the new one on his leg, he is th… read more
I saw worms on my feral cats back legs and coming out of
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
I saw worms on my feral cats back legs and coming out of anis. He is feral so it is impossible to take to a vet. Too wild to get into a cage or have a human try to pick up. Comes into house to eat and… read more
He's just about 6 or so months old. When I went out to feed
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling, Veterinary Surgeon
He's just about 6 or so months old. When I went out to feed the feral cats, he came to eat, but his tail was sticking straight up & his whole body was shaking uncontrollably. We're trying to catch him… read more
My cat back in China had a serious calicivirus infection.
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hi! My cat back in China had a serious calicivirus infection. The vet had took her teeth off because of the ulcer in her mouth. I am now searching for some vitamin supplies and mouth spray/wash for be… read more
cat: s teeth and indicated that they had rotted from the inside due
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Senior Small Animal Veterinarian
My son's cat just came back from the vet in L.A. They pulled 3 of the cat's teeth and indicated that they had "rotted from the inside" due to a dental disease. I can't find anything on the internet th… read more
cat: he cannot close his mouth..His tongue is also sticking out.
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
My cat just came in from being out all night and he cannot close his mouth. His tongue is also sticking out. He is trying to eat, but it seems like it is difficult for him. I think he is able to drink… read more
I noticed one of my cats had been losing weight the past few
Pet Doc
I noticed one of my cats had been losing weight the past few months... At first i thought it was just because of his age. He's 12 years old. But then he started getting aggressive around human food li… read more
I just took my cat to the vet because of vomiting. She had
Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Associate Veterinarian
I just took my cat to the vet because of vomiting. She had blood tests done and came back with only something slightly elevated pertaining to the kidneys. The vet changed her to science diet food that… read more