Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat ate part of a dryer sheet. Friday and 3 years old.

Customer Question
My cat ate part...

My cat ate part of a dryer sheet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is your cat's name and age?

Friday and 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Friday?

She ate a small portion of two separate dryer sheets. maybe in total, 1/4 pf a sheet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

I am happy to tell you that there is no risk of toxicity

We only have to worry about the bits of sheet passing through

Lets give 1 teaspoon of canned pumpkin with each meal for the next few days

That should solve the problem

Update me tomorrow night

Okay?

Paul

what does the pumpkin do?

The pumpkiin is a source of soluble fiber and will push the dryer sheet through

It bulks up the stool and sticks to things

Paul

Still there?
More questions?

Paul

Hello?

Paul

sorry, thank you. I will get it right now.

How are we doing this morning?

Paul