Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Stepping in its poop! disgusting! Milo, 9 weeks. Just got…

Customer Question
Stepping in its poop...

Stepping in its poop! disgusting!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Milo, 9 weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milo?

Just got him on Sunday

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

does Milo have diarrhea?

I don’t know. I’ve nevwr had a pet before and have had Milo for less than a week. It was formed stool but he backed up and stepped into it. He’s 9 weeks old. Got poop everywhere when he stepped out of the litter box. Not sure how to clean his back paw, I tried to wash it with water under the faucet but he screamed and scratched so I couldn’t get it all. This is why I haven’t had a pet before - the excrement situation. How do I prevent him from stepping in his poop and how do I thoroughly clean him if he does?

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply. please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer

I am so sorry you had to deal with this............it's awful. The best way to keep Milo's poop firm, thus event him from getting it on his feet, is to feed grain free dry food.you will find many choices at chewy.com. They deliver free and will return your money for any food he does not like or wiil not eat.

Use a clumping type litter that will actually wipe his feet when he walks on it.

Get a tracking matt he has to step on as he exits the box.

They also sell little sock booties he can wear and are washable..

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri