Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has flea like droppings on his fur but we treated him…

Customer Question
My cat has flea...

My cat has flea like droppings on his fur but we treated him for fleas.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is your cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is about 9 year old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jerry?

He has Feline Herpes, gets easily stressed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your question, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

How long ago did you treat him?

What product did you use to treat him with?

He was treated a few weeks ago with Natural Chemistry Flea Shampoo

Thank you for the information, I'll be back with your answer in a moment.

It is not surprising that you are finding flea feces at this time. Even the best flea shampoos will control fleas for only 48 hours. In order to break the flea cycle, Jerry and any other dogs, cats or fur-bearing animals in the house have to be consistently treated for 90 days. This means a flea bath every other day for 90 days! There are many other choices for products for fleas but regardless of which one you choose the protection against fleas must be provided for 90 full days to get rid of the fleas in the environment, ***** *****ves in. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan