Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I'm concerned about a lovely little girl kitten we found…

Customer Question
I'm concerned about a...

I'm concerned about a lovely little girl kitten we found under the front seat of our car about 3 weeks ago. She was less than a week old. Her eyes opened two days after her discovery. Her mother was found the night we found the kitten. She nursed her for a few days and then abandoned her. Lucky for all concerned we have a nursing mother cat that promptly adopted her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?

My concern is, I think our little kitten, is a dwarf. She's not gotten very big, she eats like a horse. Is now being weened. Her head is quite large and front legs are kind of bow legged. But, there aren't many more symptoms. She just isn't growing. She's healthy and a happy little girl. But still very small.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

I don't think so. I've never seen a dwarf cat. But I've heard of them. How I started thinking she might be a dwarf, I noticed one day her large head and front legs being bowed. I was already concerned about her size. But she reminded me of a Sunday school teacher I had when I was a child. She was a little person, a dwarf. I hope I'm not being bad for saying that. But that's what made me pay closer attention to her. We named her Kia, she was found in our Kia. I think she'd ok. Just still so very small.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/30/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 20 days ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

did you see the original mother cat?

did she look normal?

what is dwarfed? legs, size, other?