Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We are moving from San Diego to Houston with 3 cats. Our…

Customer Question
We are moving from...

We are moving from San Diego to Houston with 3 cats. Our veterinarian in San Diego gave us alprazolam to help with their stress. One cat started howling and pacing when we got to the hotel tonight. Since it had been more than 12 hours since his last dose we thought he was stressed and gave him another dose. The same behavior but much worse is happening. We are in a very small town with no 24 hour clinics. The dose is a quarter mg. Also, he has not urinated since the trip started on Sunday. He has pooped, eaten and drank water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Cat will be able to digest that. What is the Cat's name?

Dudley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dudley?

My husband says his head is hot. He seems to calm a bit when my husband rubs his head.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/29/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​