Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have an 11 yr old male, neutered. Three months ao we moved…

Customer Question
I have an 11...

I have an 11 yr old male, neutered. Three months ao we moved him from our long time family home where he roamed in and out of the house freely, to a small park model trailer where he cannot be outside alone. He has been very afraid of anyone besides us and has been hiding in the drawers under the closet. He knows how to open things.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?

Buddy. He went thru a spell where he was pulling out his fur in clumps leaving sores. The vet we took him to treated him for an allergy. His fur is not normal. It is dry and thin and he doesn't want to be combed at all.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?

We built catio so he can go in and out whenever he wants. It is approx 8'x15'.along side of our home. We have also been letting him outside with us and he has been staying close to us most ot the time. He is not so frightened of people as he was at first. Not sure if it is because he is not feeling well. He still eats but we havae chaned from fancy feast to C/D Diet for cats. He has been eating the chicken (dry) for several years along with fancy feasy gravy lovers. We have been iving him the fish flavor (dry) alon with the chicken and fish canned food(C/D) but he does not like it al all. I started giving him fancy feast again so he would eat better. His fur is so dry and he looks very unkempt.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/29/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 25 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? When did Buddy last have a diagnostic workup, such as bloodwork and urinalysis, performed?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
About 3 yrs ago. The vet last month looked him over and gave him an allergy shot but no blood work was done

Can you tell me more about when his coat began to take on the unkempt appearance?

Since building the catio has he used it or has he continued to be scared of people?

How is his weight? Does he appear to be gaining or losing? Maintaining?

Did he had any previous urinary concern since he's on the C/D?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No. He has been doing ok.