Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She is 14 years old and won't come inside. She has been an…

Customer Question
Hi...she is 14 years...

Hi...she is 14 years old and won't come inside. She has been an indoor outdoor cat and now she won't come indoors. She peed on my bed and then again later on the rug in front of the door. She seems almost depressed. She's still eating though. It's like she wants to stay cool by being outside. I'm not sure what to make of this???

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?

Willa

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willa?

I rescued her from the original owners that were neglecting her in Dec. 2017.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/29/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Willa is eating and seems to be breathing too hard and won’t come in the house? Her nose is dry?

Urinating in inappropriate spots is often a sign of a medical problem which typically is either associated with urinary tract concern (such as an infection). When did Willa last have bloodwork and a urinalysis performed? How often is she tested for feline aids and feline leukemia since she's both indoors and outdoors? Are you able to collect her and place her in a kennel to be seen by your vet?