Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has a swollen paw that she won’t put pressure on but no…

Customer Question
She has a swollen...

She has a swollen paw that she won’t put pressure on but no visible sores

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

2 year old cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Rachel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rachel?

She cries if we try to touch the paw

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/28/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rachel having a swollen paw. Does she go outside? The reason I ask that, is because the most common reason for a painful swollen paw, is being in a cat fight and having an infection.

Other possible causes of the pain and swelling besides infection are an injury, or a broken bone in a toe or the foot.

I have not heard from you; how is Rachel doing?

Please let me know when you see my answer, if this is helpful, and if you have more questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?