Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has a swollen paw that she won’t put pressure on but no…

Customer Question
She has a swollen...

She has a swollen paw that she won’t put pressure on but no visible sores

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

2 year old cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Rachel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rachel?

She cries if we try to touch the paw

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/28/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 27 days ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rachel having a swollen paw. Does she go outside? The reason I ask that, is because the most common reason for a painful swollen paw, is being in a cat fight and having an infection.

Other possible causes of the pain and swelling besides infection are an injury, or a broken bone in a toe or the foot.

I have not heard from you; how is Rachel doing?

Please let me know when you see my answer, if this is helpful, and if you have more questions.

Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 25 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?