Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We've been struggling with his loose stools for days. He's…

Customer Question
We've been struggling with...

We've been struggling with his loose stools for days. He's tested neg for parasites, has had a sanitary clip, four days on probiotics. Stools are about 50% better, but he's going three times a day and is leaving the stools outside the box.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?

Gus

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gus?

He's been on Earthborn food for about a year and a half. I was gone for a weekend in April, and had in home care for him. It started then. ok

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
He is becoming very irritated around the anus and I'm worried about him keeping up with the cleaning
5/28/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

did Gus eat any new food or have any stress to bring this on?