Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He has kidney failure and has been given water by

Customer Question
He has kidney failure...

He has kidney failure and has been given water by transfusion but has not peed yet and it has been 2 days. Sleeps all the time now. He is around 15 years. What can I do. He hasn’t eaten anything in those 2 days

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Bailey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?

He has tried several times to go outside (he is an indoor cat)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/27/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Bailey. How long has he been getting the SQ fluids under the skin? Has he been vomiting? Has he lost a lot of weight?