Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I took in a couple of 5 week old kittens when their mom left…

Customer Question
I took in a couple...
I took in a couple of 5 week old kittens when their mom left them. One is doing ok. One is really sick with a respiratory infection and pink eye. I took her to the vet and got meds. She’s finished the antibiotics and still using the drops. Bit I think she’s dying. She never did want to eat kitten food but I’ve been able to bottle feed her. Up until now she’s been doing better each day. Today I get home and she’s lethargic. Just kinda floppy to the point I thought she died. I have her on the heating pad in a towel and fed her some Isk what else to do
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/27/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Which drops are you using?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

The drops are called ofloxacin. They’re pretty pale. And about 20 breaths a minute
Took her to the vet. She had worms died last night