Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 6 lb cat possibly licked draino residue. He is actin

Customer Question
My 6 lb cat...

My 6 lb cat possibly licked draino residue. He is actin completely fine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Alvin is about 7 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Alvin?

No. He is a healthy boy

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/27/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 2 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. If Alvin's mouth and lips seem OK and he is breathing normally at present then it is unlikely that he has ingested any as this product as it is a severe corrosive and I would expect him to have burns on his lips if he did, as well as severe respiratory irritation plus general signs of discomfort.

2. Basically, if he is acting normally at present then the chances are he got away with it. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Alvin's condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Thank you ��

No problem, very glad to be advising you.

Please let me know how things go ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Alvin is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Draino episode ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?