Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has diarrhea with blood although I don't know if its…

Customer Question
She has diarrhea...

She has diarrhea with blood although I don't know if its because her little butt is sore. is there anything I cam do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she Is 3 weeks and no mommy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ford?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/26/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

how long has she had this?

blood in diarrhea can be caused by parasites or a GI upset. Get an OTC wormer containing praziquantel. Give her a dose now and again in 3 weeks.

Rub a dab of honey into her butt several times a day. it is a remarkable healing agent that acts as an anibiotic.

To cure diarrhea get a few jars of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion powder/ Add one tablespoon of boiled white rice to each jar. Feed until her stool firms up. Next, add the rice to a canned food she likes and eats readily.She also needs a probiotic so give one half tsp of plain yogurt daily or culturelle or forti flora.For hydration and to replace her electrolytes give her tuna water drained from the can into a dish.FOR RESTLESSNESS, make a cheap safe mood stabilizer add 3 mg of melatonin to food containing turkey. Either baby food or canned cat food.Turkey contains l.triptophan so combining it with melatonin will calm her down. However it must be given every 24 hours as the effects are cumulative.https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/melatonin-3-mgLet her eat small, frequent meals of foods she really likes and enjoys. Experiment with flavors and consistencies, then vary them so she does not get bored. I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri