Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat Oreo just sent to look and I noticed a little blood…

Customer Question
My cat Oreo just...

My cat Oreo just sent to look and I noticed a little blood on her behind. She's one years old, is a strictly indoor cat. Should I worry?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

We did adopt her last year from our local shelter alone with her brother. This is the first time I've seen the blood.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/25/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 26 days ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

is she spayed?

I am sorry Oreo is having trouble.

If the blood is coming from her rectum, she could have worms. Get an OTC wormer at Walmart containing praziquanil..

Worm her now and again in 3 weeks.

If the blood is coming from her vagina, she may have a UTI.

Give her 4 drops of cranberry juice for 7 days.

She may also need an antibiotic.

Please let me know how she is doing.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri