Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat won’t move. He’s lost function in his hips it seems.

Customer Question
My cat won’t move...

My cat won’t move. He’s lost function in his hips it seems

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is your cat's name and age?

Oreo and he’s 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oreo?

We noticed he was having trouble last night but he was able to walk around. Tonight, he doesn’t move Nothing to be aware of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
He doesn’t seem to be in pain unless we move him around. I’m a massage therapist and was massaging his hips to see if I could feel anything or if he reacted to a specific spot... nothing. I can move his hips back and forth without him caring.
I’m wondering what he could have done or what could be causing him to not be able to move
Hello?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is Oreo able to move his legs at all? Is he dragging them?

Will you please attach video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. They’re all FREE. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

We’re just going to take him to the vet by us.