Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He has some flea bites under his chin that are now sores.

Customer Question
He has some flea...

He has some flea bites under his chin that are now sores

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Poncho... 3 years old. we got the flea medicine 3 weeks ago, and it seems to be working, its just i can feel these sores under his cin

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Poncho

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Poncho?

He is an indoor cat

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
5/2/2018
Cat Veterinarian: CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'mCustomerand I can help with your question.

It's possible he has chin acne that is unrelated to the fleas. It's also possible he has food allergy.

Do these sores extend to his neck or are they limited to his chin?

Do any of them look like pimples or blackheads?

Is it possible for you to photograph his chin and attach it to this chat window for me to have a peek?

Are you still interested in getting help with your question?