Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Warm All her shots are up to date. I got her at humane

All her shots are...

All her shots are up to date. I got her at humane society over a month ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

She is about 7 month old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

She has been vomiting a bit. Super thin. Now foaming from her moth and running away from me

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

She usually follows me around

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

She is hiding in dark places

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Dutchess

Hello
4/26/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your pet. I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with vomiting. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take your pet to the vet for a check up.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help with GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't doing the job. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian
Please do