Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our cat who is about 9-11 years old ate a cactus plant and…

Customer Question
our cat who is about...
our cat who is about 9-11 years old ate a cactus plant and has been throwing up white all night - seems sick is it toxic and will it kill him. He tends to eat anything green from fake silk flower stems to anything but mother in law tongue and we got rid of all but this cactus which is high up on our bookcases. BUT it is in shreds so he made it up there. No flowers cause he eats those also. Never had a cat do this but he's rescue and must have eaten grass outside. We give him the cat grass from the pet store when it is available in the summer
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/25/2018
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

And I am one of the veterinarians on this site authorized to take phone calls

When is the last time he vomited?

Paul

He is better this took a long time for an answer and in the meantime working at UMN one of the vets came in and assured me that with Christmas cactus he will throw up but that it would not kill him just get rid of plants. Thank you for responding but in 24 hours he could have been dead.