Cat Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

More related answers
All cat veterinarians are VERIFIED
My cat has hyperthyroidism and is on medication 2x a day. He
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Associate Veterinarian
My cat has hyperthyroidism and is on medication 2x a day. He has been vomiting so he is on meds for that. Now, today, he vomited blood 2x. Is this a part of hyperthyroidism? … read more
Devon Rex: 14 year old..indoor..he takes meds 2x a day for that
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
George is a 14 year old, indoor Devon Rex. He has hyperthyroid, so he takes meds 2x a day for that. A bit over 2 mos. ago, Rudee, 7 yr. old tabby, bit George and caused him to have an abcessed wound o… read more
My 15 year old male cat has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
My 15 year old male cat has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and is currently on medication. He has been vomiting and has diahrea. I took him back to the vets and he put him on Clavamax. I think it… read more
My cat takes a hyperthyroid medication which has to be
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my cat takes a hyperthyroid medication which has to be administered to her twice a day. Right now the medication is in liquid form given using a syringe. I always feel bad when giving her medication a… read more
I took cat in test. He has hyperthyroidism and takes tapazol
petdrz
petdrz, Small Animal Veterinarian
I took cat in for blood test. He has hyperthyroidism and takes tapazol 2xs a day. He's been drinking alot and has liquid and sneezing from nose. Just got blood tests. I will just show what is abnormal… read more
My cat is about to turn 13. He's been on hyperthyroid meds
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Veterinarian
My cat is about to turn 13. He's been on hyperthyroid meds since Aug 13 & his last blood test in Oct 14 was perfect & his weight is spot on for his size at 5.65kg but the latest test was prompted by a… read more
My cat is 12 and has Hyperthyroidism and eats all the time
ER Vet
ER Vet, Medical Director
My cat is 12 and has Hyperthyroidism and eats all the time and is so thin-I give him his thyroid meds each day. He has severly loose stools all the time. What can I do to normalize this condition?… read more
My cat is hyperthyroid and has been on meds for just over a
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Veterinarian
My cat is hyperthyroid and has been on meds for just over a year, off and on. She was on pills twice a day but I have had to switch to methimazole again. I had her on it originally a year ago, but sud… read more
Our cat is 20 years old or so. He receives medication for
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
Our cat is 20 years old or so. He receives medication for hyperthyroidism and has a significant heart murmur. He has been on a downward trend for the last couple of years, getting thinner and thinner,… read more
my cat has hyperthyroid and is on medication she is almost
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
my cat has hyperthyroid and is on medication she is almost 19. After her last blood test the vet tells me that she's showing some kidney issues. he either wants me to bring her in once a week for hydr… read more
popeye is 17 and now only weighs 7 lbs...hyperthyroid..meds..treat
vetmom4
vetmom4, Veterinarian
Popeye is 17 and now only weighs 7 lbs. He has been diagnosed as hyperthyroid and inflammatory bowel disease. The meds for hyperthryoid almost killed him a couple of years ago so I decided not to trea… read more
cat: .25ml of methimazole liquid 2x a day..dosage..lethargic..couch
Doc James
Doc James, Post-Doctoral Degree
Hello - my cat has hyperthyroidism & is being treated with .25ml of Methimazole liquid 2x a day. We believe she was given too large a dose within the past few days (almost 5 times the recommended dosa… read more
Hello, my mothers cat has hyperthyroidism. He takes medication
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Hello, my mothers cat has hyperthyroidism. He takes medication which keeps his level good. The problem is he vomits all the time, usually everyday. He is so thin. She just feeds him can food he won't … read more
My cat Rupert has hyperthyroidism. He nearly died this summer.
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
My cat Rupert has hyperthyroidism. He nearly died this summer. He was put on 2x per day pills for heart (lasix) and thyroid (methimazole). He is showing early symptoms of the same fluid build up durin… read more
my cat is on topical hyperthyroid meds 2x daily(rubbed in his
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my cat is on topical hyperthyroid meds 2x daily(rubbed in his ear) Would it be very harmful to just do 1 (half) the dose when someone else comes in once daily while I am on vacation for 10 days… read more
my cat was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. He was
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
my cat was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. He was on medication for 3 weeks without results and so it was doubled 2 weeks ago. Now he has ceased eating and was given fluids yesterday. All his… read more
8 year old cat vomited 2x yesterday, once today.. Vomit
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
8 year old cat vomited 2x yesterday , once today.. Vomit appears with and without food, precedes passing stool each time.. Stools softer but still solid today. What to do at home?… read more
Our 12 year old cat was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism a year
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
Our 12 year old cat was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism a year ago and has been on Methimazole 2.5mg 2x daily and until recently was stable. We took him in for his annual on 8/22/14 and he got a rabies… read more