Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just walked in and my Sasha usually greets me at the door.

Customer Question
I just walked in...

I just walked in and my Sasha usually greets me at the door. I couldn’t find her. She was under a piece of furniture s d didn’t wa t treats. Her nose isn’t warm but I did find some throw up but do t know which cat since I gammas

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

I have two cats. Sorry for typos

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/3/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 3 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear Sasha is unwell, hopefully, this is something very minor, however, I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Having read your question, though I have to say that if these symptoms continue then what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check your cat over sooner rather than later. The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that she is suddenly lethargic, is hiding and has no appetite makes me think that it is possible that she is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of what you are seeing in her age group although of course, other diagnoses are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case, I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if she is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime, until you can get your cat to a vet all you can do is to keep her comfortable and reassured and try and make sure that she is getting fluids regularly.

3. However, I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me Sasha's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

I picked her up and set her in my Kao s d ages resting there. Like I said her nose is cool so I’m hoping there’s no fever. She’s wagging her tail.

Glad to talk this over with you further ...

Hopefully, this is something minor, however, the state of the cat's nose { cold, warm, wet, dry } is not a good indicator as to whether she is running a temperature.

Keep a good eye on her in the meantime and you can always get back to me if you get further concerned.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Sasha is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her lethargy ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?