Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He is very wobbly and refuses to walk. When I hold him he is…

Customer Question
He is very wobbly...

He is very wobbly and refuses to walk. When I hold him he is fine and only when I feel his back does he whine. He was inside all day yesterday and I don't believe he left our couch. He is eating and drinking a little but normally he is all over his food and he just looks at it. He was fine on Saturday and I have nothing new lying around for him to get into.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 7-8 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brooks?

He has had all his vaccinations and was recently nuetered and has refused to jump up since then

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/3/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Eli, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr Eli
Dr Eli, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr Eli

Sorry your kitty Brooks is not feeling well. Since he was just neutered and received vaccines, that would be my first concern. He may have some tissue reaction to one of the shots that is causing the pain which in turn makes him not move much. Also the surgery area may be painful. Until you can take him to see you vet, you can give him !/4 of a baby aspirin just one time to help with the soreness.

Thank you for the question and I hope this information helps you.

I would appreciate you rating my answer.

Dr Eli

The surgery was about 5 weeks ago and last vaccinations longer time frame. It seems to be mainly in his back legs. Would we still be having this after so long? He seems weak but was still playing with our puppy as of Saturday. Now he just lays there and is unsteady on his feet and just flops down

Thanks for that information, no I do not think it has to do with shots or surgery that long ago. If just hind legs involved, then I am concerned about a spinal injury. I recommend taking him to your vet when you can and possibly having an xray to rule out a fracture. Young cats are so active they can cause injury to themselves. It may just be soft tissue inflammation and your vet can prescribe some meds to help with the pain and inflammation.

I hope this additional information is helpful

Thank you

Thank you

You are welcome