Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I noticed that my cat’s fur have tiny ant-like(even smaller…

Customer Question
Hi. I noticed that...

Hi. I noticed that my cat’s fur have tiny ant-like(even smaller than that). That is when I take a close look and brush its fur, those tiny creatures crawls itself deeper into my cat’s fur. It’s super tiny unlike others where you can squeeze or easily pluck it off. Its so tiny that it is on each strand of the fur. Is it fleas, lice or something else? Are these supposed to be normal in animal’s fur?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

No that is all. My cat does regular licking and cleaning of her fur.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/2/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Are they brownish black in color or white in color when you look at them? Do you happen to have a picture so I can get a better idea of what you're seeing?