Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat got pneumonia and she is pregnant and almost due. I…

Customer Question
My cat got pneumonia...

My cat got pneumonia and she is pregnant and almost due

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

I took her to the vet a few times already and they confirmed pneumonia she is also almost due

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
her breathing doesn't sound to good i know that meds take some time to kick in but im super scared she won't recover because of the pregnancy
i just want to know any tips anything to help her i have been putting her into the shower room and letting hot water run so she can get some help with breathing
4/2/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What treatment did her vet start?

Do you have any idea how far her due date is?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

I took her to a emergency clinic

No worries, I will pass you back to customer service.

Dr. B.