Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Reaction to flea bite or flea meds. He's pulled out a strip…

Customer Question
Reaction to flea bite...

Reaction to flea bite or flea meds. He's pulled out a strip about 3/4" wide and 4" long.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Dobby. 1-1/2 years. Had complete (to the shoulder) removal of his front leg 6 months ago. I took him after surgery and this started He weighs around 13 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dobby?

He's a good natured cat. Only bites with pain. Japanese bob tail is all I know Up to date on all shots, etc.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Cat Veterinarian

Hi! I'mCustomerand I can help with your question.

What specific flea product did you use on him and when?

What part of the US are you in and what have the outside temperatures been like the past month?

Large cat Frontline two weeks ago down his back I live in North Alabama it's been rainy and hot and then cold at night

So there is definitely a possibility of fleas due to your region and weather. Frontline is a great product and I have never seen skin reactions to it (or Advantage).

Where on his body is this bald strip?

Can you feel any scabby little bumps in the area?

Is it possible for you to get a photo of him showing the lesion's location and then another one close up? You can attach them to this chat window.

Are you still interested in getting help with your question?