Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is not eating or drinking, this is the second day. he…

Customer Question
Hi there my cat...

Hi there my cat is not eating or drinking, this is the second day. he had a small amount of water for me when I got home. he has not moved very far, and seems to have laboured breathing. he does have a heart murmur, and is approx. 10 years old. just had a check up a few weeks ago and were told he is in good health

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?

Soot

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Soot?

He has also not used his litter box since yesterday

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach video of what you’re seeing with the breathing pattern? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

We ended up going to the emerg clinic. Thank you for your response