Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat MAC neutered male, about age 8 friendliest sweetest…

Customer Question
My cat MAC neutered...

My cat MAC neutered male, about age 8 friendliest sweetest cat ever - dedicated to me usually all over me. We're traveling, I was gone yesterday afternoon for about 4 hours, Maid was in room as was cat during that time but that has been true numerous times... Mac hid under bed. When everyone was gone but me I kept calling him but he wouldn't come out. I put his fave treat a bit under bed - he cannot resist them - but he didn't move to get them. I called and called in soothing "mom" voice - nothing. Fell asleep. I woke up every few hours, he had not come out (usually h's be sleeping on me). Called over and over. Pushed water under bed. Nothing. This happened every few hours. i couldn't reach him under bed. Finally got hotel employee to move bed and reach him, put him in pet carrier which he hates more than anything. He cried a little, then stopped. Now he's next to me on bed in cat carrier, silent. Pushed "treats" thru, he won't touch 'em (I've NEVER seen that)... can't figure out way to get water thru bars nothing small enough. H'e silent. I can't tell if he follows my finger when I move it around outside cage. He responds to sound - I clapped loud & he heard it. It seems like the maid or someone utterly terrorized him while I was gone. He just seemed terrified. Now he's calm in cage. I want to get water to him but fingers around long enough. I don't know what to do!!!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is your cat's name and age?

It's not jut lethargy - did you read what I wrote??? He was terrorized, hiding under a bed for hours - he didn't just suddenly go lethargic!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

This is completely abberrant behavior for him. He HATES that cage & he's silent. I can't tell if he hears my voice or not.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Mac.

Can you take him into the bathroom and shut the door, and let him out of the carrier to see if he will eat and drink, and how he acts when he is out of the carrier, without being able to get under the bed?

If he is not eating and drinking, I am worried he will become dehydrated and need medical attention.

He hates that hotel bathroom has been locked in there numerous times when maid was cleaning as it’s rule of hotel I have rheumatoid arthritis here alone. Big cat

The bathroom is the only place safe to let him out, see how he moves and acts, and if he will eat and drink. You could sit in there for awhile with him and see if he calms down, and then put him back in the carrier before opening the bathroom door. I am worried; when a cat is hiding and not eating it sometimes indicate pain, or illness.

The other option would be to take him to a veterinarian to be examined, and see if he is dehydrated, has a fever, etc.

I am sorry but I can't make calls for the website; I can only answer questions here.

I put MY finger Thru cage normally he’d lick it but he ignores it. Great no phone call. If she can type why can’t she call?
If someone was here to help me... but I’m alone
Is anyone there????
I’d like an expert who can call me
What is going on????

There may be an expert who can call. I can opt out and you can wait for one.

I am alone here on my computer; I don't know if there are other experts. We can continue here, or I can opt out and you can wait for an expert who can make calls. Being a holiday, that might be awhile; I can't say for sure.

I DID click “call me” and was told the vet’s fingers work but not her voice after that no response

I can't call because of restrictions on my veterinary license. Many veterinarians have this restriction.

Is that IT? Did she fall asleep?
i am completely dissatisfied!! One sentence- which I can’t do, then nothing. Told she can type but cant talk no more answe!!!!!
MY cat could be deed is 24 houdt this Needs To be andwered NOW
Of i cant get more than one sentence and im unaniem To follow those instructions and she cant talk NOW & i cant get another vet then i am extremely dossatisfied! I done NEED answer in 24 hours i can get someone To take HIM To Emergency Vet!!!!
If she’s available for online conversation... where is she????
Was typing on phone just switched to computer. Was told vet could continue like this but couldnot call. How can her fingers work to type but her larynx is unavailable?? I don't NEED another vet within 24 hours so i reject that option. And Rebecca has only typed me that one sentence. Did she fall asleep????
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Eli, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr Eli
Dr Eli, Veterinarian
Good morning, sorry Priscilla hurt herself.
I would recommend restricting her exercise to reduce the inflammation in her injured area. Also you can give her 1/4 of a baby aspirin one time today. Just a reminder, NEVER give Tylenol to a cat, it can be fatal.
Your vet can prescribe a medication to better control her pain and inflammation.
Thanks for the question, I hope this information helps.
Eli Williams, DVM
FO'T HELP.RGET IT CANCEL REFERRAL TO ANOTHER VET LATER THAT WON'T HELP. CHARGE ME ONLY FOR REBECCA. I WILL FIND SOMEONE TO CARRY CAT IN CAT CARRIER INTO BATHROOM
SHE IS NOT AVAILABLE TO TALK AND I DO NOT NEED CONTACT LATER FROM ANOTHER VET. I'LL FIND A WAY TO GET HIM TO VET HERE BEFORE THEN. JUST CHARGE ME ONLY FOR REBECCA'S TEXTED RESPONSE THE END.
HOW DO I END THIS? CLEARLY SHE ENDED IT ON HER END

I AM NOT SATISFIED. ******* **********

Sorry my answer was for a different animal, not sure how it got attached to your question