Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat was just crying and puked up a very piece of

Customer Question
My cat was just...

My cat was just crying and puked up a very long piece of material. It looks like it was the belt to my sister’s dress. She was spitting up the most horrible smelling stuff and I helped her get the string out ( now I read that I shouldn’t have). She was acting weird and sounded short of breath but once I held her and cleaned her up so seems fine. She even ate some food. Should I be worried? Should I take her to the vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Eli, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr Eli
Dr Eli, Veterinarian

Good Morning,

Cats eating foreign bodies can be a very serious matter. However, if the material never moves past the stomach and is thrown up, that usually takes care of it. Normally if there is still some foreign material in the intestine,it will cause an obstruction. If there is an obstruction, vomiting will occur and the animal will not eat. If she continues to eat with no more vomiting, she is probably ok,however if there is any vomiting or poor appetite, then I recommend taking her to your veterinarian to be examined,

Thank you for the question, I hope this information helps

Eli Williams, DVM

Thank you Eli!

You are very welcome

Good morning,

I hope your cat is eating and feeling better today and I hope my answer helped you. Could you please rat my answer.

Thank you