Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is 19 years old, she is healthY would say all that,

Customer Question
My cat is 19...

My cat is 19 years old, she is healthY would say all that, but I am hAving a terrible time gromming her& I am at this point getting very much concern that you see I had to call someone for professional help. She is still in tack, no bleeding or openings on her skin, but the problem is getting severe with her hair because she is getting dread locks & I don't think this is healthymy or normal . . I comb her & to tell you the truth she doesn't like it any longer because it has become excessive I can not keep her the way we both would hope for . Please I need help with her. What is recommended for this problem? I really need to know because I also have two other cats. They are ok & happy. My name is***** . Cell phone is(###) ###-#### I understand there is no such thing as a free lunch, & unless of course you're a cat. Patiently waiting

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

No, she is a heAlthy Kitty, has a good home. The problem is her hair. I know she is old ,& her hair has changed. But she is following a normal ageing cycle for a cat, only this is new to me, this dread locks are increasing & I have not been able to get rid of them ,her hair is getting severe with dread locks O am now concern for her,. & I brush her till she can not tolerate me brushing her , she has attempted to bite me so for me to stop combing her. I am gentle with her & I believe it is hurting her ,this hair condition. So I think it hurts her all the time. 7th

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

We are ok. I decided to hold up on grooming her . I hope the Dr. Sees her and so then we'll proceed from there,right1!?

I'm unsure of what you're asking. Are you asking if her vet should see her first and then grooming should take place?