Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just saw my cat playing with an Adderall XR pill. I

Customer Question
I just saw my...

I just saw my cat playing with an Adderall XR pill. I grabbed it right away and it's only a little moist but still intact. Could he have ingested anything?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is your cat's name and age?

Haddon and about 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Haddon?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about this situation with Haddon. If you have the entire pill there and it is only a little moist, then it wouldn't seem that he had the ability to eat any of the actual pill. For a potential issue to be there, it would have to be him eating actual portions of the pill. If again the pill is there and just a little moist, I wouldn't feel that this is a situation that has concern.