Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has one small bump on her that has not changed in…

Customer Question
My cat has one...

My cat has one small white bump on her that has not changed in over a week. I’m not sure what it may be

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your cat?

She has a small white bump on her ear but it doesn’t bother her or hurt her when I touch it

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your cat's name and age?

Boots and she is 3

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/1/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Boots having this bump. It could be an infection, or an allergic reaction.

It could be a growth of some sort, but cancer is not very likely in a cat her age.

The best way to tell you what this is would be to have your veterinarian do FNA, fine needle aspiration, of the bump. That means inserting a tiny needle into the bump, to get a sample to look at under a microscope.

Cats can get "mast cell tumors" that start as small white bumps. Often these are benign , and would be unusual in a cat her age, but sometimes they can be serious.

If she is a white cat, and is exposed to sunlight, she is at risk for skin cancer on her ears.

Please let me know if you have other questions and this is helpful.

I hope you are seeing my answer; please let me know if you do and if you have other questions. I will not be online for much longer.

She is gray and we have another cat and they do play fight a lot she has gotten scratched on her ear before. It is on her right ear. I was wondering if it could be acne as she just had a vet visit 2 months ago and all blood work came back clear