Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think my cat is bleeding after he urinates. I can't get…

Customer Question
I think my cat...

I think my cat is bleeding after he urinates. I can't get near him to take him to the vet. He's hiding now but moving around and using the litterbox.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

He's 16 and an indoor cat. He's seen the vet twice in his life- to be neutered and to get1 rabies shot

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that your cat seems to be in pain. Is he eating?

He is not taking the treat I offered him but he did throw up his own food.

Older cats can develop a number of conditions that can cause blood in the urine and vomiting, such as urinary crystals, urinary tract infections, bladder stones, and kidney disease, among others. Some other things that older cats can develop but that don't necessarily have bloody urine as a sign are diabetes, liver disease, hyperthyroidism, and cancer, for example. It's possible that the same thing that is causing the bloody urine is also causing the vomiting, or there could be more than one problem going on. Since there could be so many things that could be wrong, I recommend trying to get him in a carrier and taking him to the vet. Where is hiding right now?