Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Stray cat has first litter. She is not staying with them.

Customer Question
Young stray cat has...

Young stray cat has first litter. She is not staying with them. She did clean them,but I don't know if she has fever fed them. They are in igloo dog house, but they are cold. Should I leave them outside or bring them in. I had to move them to the igloo because she had the first one in the middle of the street and the other two under the car.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

She's a stray, tame, maybe 1 year old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the stray cat?

I haven't seen her even go in the igloo with them? What should I do? Leave them outside tonight or bring them in where they will be warm. I dont know if she is caring for them at all.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/31/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. Would it be possible to bring in both the kittens and the mother? It would be best if you could keep them together in a small room so they are warm AND the mom has a chance to nurse them.