Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We took our cat to the vet yesterday for lethargy and lack…

Customer Question
We took our cat...

We took our cat to the vet yesterday for lethargy and lack of interest in food. She has a history of hair balls and stubbornly refusing to expel them. The vet is running a full panel of blood work but we've only received half results...liver, kidney, red, and white counts looked ok. The vet sent her home until the rest of the results come in. No X-rays done yet. Instructions sent home say to call if our cat has difficulty "getting up or down." We've started to see this...she ate a little after we brought food to her and drank from a syringe, and even peed when taken to litterbox. But she seems to move stiffly and doesn't want to move on her own. Our vet is not available right now to answer if this stiffness is an emergency and we should find a 24hr vet place now, or if this is something we should follow up with our regular vet in the morning. Also we have constipation meds that we are unsure if we should give in case they interfere with emergency vet services. We don't want to further traumatize our cat with an emergency visit if it is not necessary.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Mia. She is 4 yrs, 8 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia?

She was seen in January for similar symptoms and it was a hair all. She has lost weight recently, 1.3 lbs since her January visit. She also appears to be favoring her front left paw.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?