Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

What is the best safe deterrent to use to keep cats out of…

Customer Question
Hello! What is the...
Hello! What is the best safe deterrent to use to keep cats out of the garden? Our pets are always defecating in the beds, not good for veggies!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/30/2018
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good morning, Anne. Can you share a few pictures of the beds so that I can see what limitations we're working with? Are there any borders on these beds? Whose cats are these?

It’s just 10 raised beds that are 4x6. My cats. It doesn’t really matter anyway does it? I just wanted to know a healthy way to keep cats out of my beds. Thanks

I don't think I understood your question. Did you mean that it doesn't really matter who owns the cats?

Can you share a few pictures of the beds so that I can see what limitations we're working with?

Are the cats given regular access outdoors or do they reside outdoors full time?

Can you please just answer my question? Is this a way to get me to upgrade? Simple question! What is a safe way to keep cats out of my beds? I already gave you the size of the beds. We have cats! Obviously they go outdoors otherwise I wouldn’t have a problem with them getting in the beds. Why is this so hard to understand? We have ten acres lots of beds and cats that poop in them

Anne, I cannot see what you're seeing which means I need information to help. That's the point of the questions, nothing more. It sounds like I may not be the ideal expert for your question, so I'll opt out and see if one of our other Experts would be able to assist you. Good luck.

Ok, but a raised bed garden is a raised bed garden. What is there to see?