Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a female cat that seems to be peeing on my bed. Even…

Customer Question
I have a young...

I have a young female cat that seems to be peeing on my bed. Even though the cat boxes are clean. Does this mean she needs to be fixed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?

Princess and she not quite a year old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Princess

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Princess?

She was a feral cat that came in from outside. She just started doing this about 1 1/2vweeks ago. I do have other cats in the house that are older than her. She is quite active and like to play rough with the others.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 20 days ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I do recommend getting Princess spayed, but urinating outside the box is usually not an indication that she needs to be spayed.

I would get her to the vet for a urinalysis to make sure that she does not have a urinary tract infection. Cats with urinary tract infections can associate the litter box with their pain, and so tried to urinate in a different place.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Ok, I'll make an appointment with my vet.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thank you.

You're welcome. If I've been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating by clicking 5 stars at the top of your screen. I would also be happy to continue our conversation if you have any other questions.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian