Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a friend whose 12-year old Himalayan male cat hasn't…

I have a friend...

I have a friend whose 12-year old Himalayan male cat hasn't had a bowel movement in a week, even though normally he goes twice a day. Had an X-ray done at the vet, and it shows an empty colon. The cat eats and drinks but seems to have lost a lot of weight. Blood tests seem normal except they show anemia.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Fedya and 12 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Fedya?

I've said twice - 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fedya?

I gave you all the pertinent info

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please call my friend directly at **********

Her name is Marina
3/28/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good morning, JACustomer. I am sorry to see that no one addressed your question overnight. Calls are a separate service so if Marina might want to speak with us in person, this could be arranged by her signing in under the account you have. Alternately, you can put in a request for a phone call, as well, though there is a separate charge. Please let me know how I can help you further.

Please just write in your answer: it may be quicker.

I need more information to be able to assist. When was Fedya last examined by his vet? Was bloodwork performed at this visit? If so, can Marina share those results? Is Fedya on any medication at this time? What food is he being fed?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
DocPaul
Phone call session started
far I have paid almost $70 for your advice and no one has said anything substantive. PLEASE CALL my friend, as requested!

You wrote above that you wanted me to write out an answer, to which I replied the following and received no response:

"I need more information to be able to assist. When was Fedya last examined by his vet? Was bloodwork performed at this visit? If so, can Marina share those results? Is Fedya on any medication at this time? What food is he being fed?"

I need you to call her, since I paid for the service. It’s not my cat!
I already m nationwide that the blood showed only anemia and X-ray showed no stool, which I can’t understand, but you need to call the -646 number and talk to her directly.

I'll be happy to opt out and see if one of our other experts can assist by calling. I am able to assist online at this time and perhaps one of our other experts can further assist by calling Marina.

Please answer based away on the information provided. She was just at the vet, and that’s all the info she got. Please also have someone CALL. Your advice and the phone call have both been paid for, and so far we have received neither!
We paid for the phone call at 8:40am, and it is now almost 3 hours later, and no one has called. We have yet to receive any on-point reply at all!