Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat seems to have something wrong with her eye. She was…

Hi. My cat seems...

Hi. My cat seems to have something wrong with her eye. She was fine this morning when I left, but when I got home from work she was pawing at her eye like it was bothering her and she won’t open it all the way. I couldn’t see anything in her eye so I’m not if she cratched or got something in it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is this new behavior?

Yes, she was fine this morning when I left so it must have happened while I was at work

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is your cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is approx. 7 months old (rescued)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stu?

Not that I can think of, she’s a happy healthy kitten otherwise

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the eye with the lids open?

Paul

She doesn’t seem to be in any pain, she is letting me touch the area around her eye no problem and she isn’t meowing a lot or any more clingy than usual.

Got em

Give me a minute :)

Paul

No worries! Thank you sir

They are taking a long time to donwload

Be patient with me

Paul

No problem at all, I appreciate you taking the time. This has happened to my other cat before and it cleared up by the next day, I just wanted to get a professional opinion to see if I need to take her in.
Never hurts to be sure when it comes to the four-legged family, since they can’t talk and all lol

Thanks- was able to look at both of them

Eye looks pretty good- no epislceritis or obvious conjunctivitis

I suspect this is due to an abrasion (bumped or scratched without cutting into cornea) and that it will sort itself by tomorrow

If you want you can put sterile opthalmic antibiotic ointment in the eye tonight (OTC at pharmacy)

IF it does not improve by then it should be stained for ulcers and closely examined for evidence of inflammation within the eye itself

Okay?

Paul

Great! I will keep an eye. Thank you again for your time and attention Dr. Paul. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and have a wonderful weekend!
Keep an eye on it*

You too

Nice pun btw LOL

Okay update me tomorrow

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

Well thank you haha I got a kick out of it too. I would be happy to rate you and I will be sure to check back with an update tomorrow

Ha ha

Thanks

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian