Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She seems to be very congested and it sounds as if she is…

Customer Question
She seems to be...

She seems to be very congested and it sounds as if she is wheezing. Her breathing is labored.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Petunia. She is 3 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Petunia?

3 years old.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Estimated wait time was 8 minutes and it has been almost 30 minutes.
Should I be concerned that it is taking this long to rexpond?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 3 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

I am sorry for your weight, it seems every has been tied up tonight and the moderators referred your question to me. My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years.

To help Petunia with the congestion we need to get her into a steamy Bathroom. Sith with her in the bathroom and allow her to inhale the steam for about 20-30 mins. This will help loosen and reliev the congestion she has. To help her nasal congestion, you can use Plain pedialtric Saline Nose drops. Place one drop in each nostril on each nostril. You will need to make sure she is drinking plenty of fluids and for her food, make sure it is smelly. This is very important, becasue if a Cat cannot smell the food, it will not eat.

I would have Petunia into the Vet in the morning to be examined by her Vet and at that time they can Administer an Antibiotic.

Please hit reply to discuss this information and your concerns.

Joan