Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

On March 13 I had to catch a feral cat in my backyard

On March 13 I...

On March 13 I had to catch a feral cat in my backyard because I was concerned about his health condition. He is almost blind and had diarrhea, he looked very skinny though I fed him well for many months. After visiting our vet he was diagnosed with FIV. My concern is that he has a horrible diarrhea and I don't know what to do.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

The cat had an abscess on his neck and in his tooth. The vet removed the bad root of the tooth.

The stool test didn't show any parasites, his blood test came as good, nothing bad. The vet told me to give him I/D food and Metronidazole, the diarrhea persist. He doesn't get better. If FIV causing diarrhea, shall I consider euthanasia for poor cat?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Our vet didn't give the cat Convenia - the long lasting antibiotic saying that it may worsen his diarrhea. What food is the best for his diarrhea and what meds shall I give him? After visiting our vet, he didn't get better, though I understand the FIV is not curable.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Hi. He is sleeping in our cage but he hasconstant diarrhea.
I would prefer to you over the phone.

At this current time, I am unable to offer a phone call. We can continue online or you're welcome to wait for another Expert to call. Since I cannot, others will receive the prompt.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
let's continue online we don't need to call
you there?
DrRoyC
Phone call session started

It appears one of our other experts has made the call for you. If not, let me know, and we can continue online. It does take a few minutes for responses to arrive on my end and for me to type a reply.

We need to cancel this "service", and not be charged ANYTHING. You have not helped us. Any charges to my credit card will result in my contesting them with my credit card company.
I didn't talk to an expert, I didn't get any answers, please, cancel the service. Thank you.