Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Infected area near anus. 13 year old cat. Kitty 13. Her name…

Infected area near anus ...

Infected area near anus

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

13 year old cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Kitty 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

Her name is kitty

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kitty?

She was perky 2 or 3 days ago now blood pus area near anus don't know if it is anal gland or infected sore

3/25/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. This is most likely an infected anal gland based on what you're describing. I would recommend taking her to the vet for some antibiotics to clear up the infection. In the meantime, I would start her on some Benadryl (1mg/lb) every 12 hours to help with the inflammation in that area, it can help clear the infection.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Cat Veterinarian