Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My male cat is rubbing his face on everything and meowing a…

Customer Question
My male cat...

My male cat is rubbing his face on everything and meowing a lot. is there something wrong?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

Cat is male and last two days is rubbing his face on everything anf meowing a lot. Is there something wrong?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

Does not seem hurt more like too friendley

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name?

Leo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leo?

He is almost a year old.I thought it might be "season"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/24/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. Is Leo neutered? Cats have facial scent glands that they rub on things to mark them. It's possible, especially if he is not neutered, that this behavior could be due to hormones.

Not fixed so
No sorry

Okay, then this is normal male hormonal behavior. The fix is to get him neutered.

If I've been helpful I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. I would also be happy to continue our conversation if you have any other questions.