Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He's vomiting and trying to poop but just a clear liquid…

Customer Question
He's vomiting and trying...

He's vomiting and trying to poop but just a clear liquid comes out. I didn't change his environment at all, and his food has been the same. He might have eaten some wrapping paper he was playing with last night.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** was born in September of 2017

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hendricks?

He has all his shots, He recently got tested for all parasites and virius's, all negative

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/24/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Hendricks is vomiting and straining to poop. The wrapping paper he might have eaten could be causing an intestinal blockage. I recommend getting him to the vet for abdominal x-rays. If there is a blockage, they will probably treat him with IV fluids to help him pass the wrapping paper. If it doesn't pass that way, he might require surgery to have it removed. But the first step is to take him in for abdominal x-rays to find out whether he has an obstruction at all.