Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat was impacted and has been to the vet and had several…

My cat was impacted and...
My cat was impacted and has been to the vet and had several enemas. I brought him home yesterday and had to put him in the bathroom because he is leaking feces all over the place. His feces is black in color and he has no control over it coming out. It has a peculiar smell not resembling normal cat feces and almost looks black. What is going one? my vets office is closed. Yesterday they told me is was that color because the feces was stuck for so long inside his colon. Does that sound right? That was also the reason for the strange smell
3/24/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that your cat was impacted and is now having these signs at home. Did your vet give you any medication for him?

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Cat Veterinarian
No none. Just told me to continue the miralax
Phone call session started