Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He has diarrhea with blood in it vet said he has IBD and we…

Customer Question
He has diarrhea with...

He has diarrhea with blood in it vet said he has IBD and we have been doctoring him with amoxallion with steroid...HA diet which he hates and a gas liquid the vet gave us.he isn't gaining weight seems to have lost some..about a week or so he ate a bologna wrap from around the bologna he got it out of the trash. I'm very worried about him he is a non stand munchkin Neapolitan

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

He threw up the wrapper...and he had one of these spells back in August they kept him over night gave him fluids because he was diarrhea and vomiting..just like now..the vet who saw him first time was a emergency vet the doctor who saw him Tuesday was hid regular vet and saw him today

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/24/2018
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What tests did his vet do to confirm IBD?

Did he bring up all of the wrapper when he vomited?

He did bring up all the wrapper that we could tell...the emergency bet kept him over night giving him fluids ran a lot of blood work and the recoveries from that...

Hello again,

Now I am glad to see he did bring that up in full, so we don't have to worry its playing a role here.

Still what tests were done to confirm his IBD?

And is he responding to the treatment at all?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian