Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a kitten that is 10 weeks old, do you recremend that…

Hi my names maddie...

Hi my names maddie and i have a kitten that is 10 weeks old, do you recremend that i use a kitten monthy flea med on him or should i wait till hes a bit older?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?

Lil peep

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lil?

No he eats well, three times a day, hes energized and all around a very loving and playful kitten

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Thanks for asking about Lil Peep. If he goes outside at all, or if you have pets in the house with him that go out, I would start to use a flea product on him. It depends what you are using, but many flea product are safe for kittens his age, but check the label to be sure.

If he is an only pet, and does not go outside, then the risk of fleas is less (unless he already has them).

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
thank you very much you have been very helpful!

Thanks for the great rating!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?